The importance of participation in the process of electing leaders in a democracy.
This will include:
- Examine the powers of the electoral umpires. The merits and demerits of a single centralized electoral agency in a democratic federal structure.
- Explore the loopholes in the electoral laws and institutions.
- Analyse the geopolitical voting patterns and voters’ profile.
- Evaluate the abandoned electoral Option A4 and the indirect systems of voting.
- Discuss voter apathy; eligible voters, voter registration, and voters turn out.